d3t, part of the global Keywords Studios Group, is at the cutting edge of technology and we deliver truly ground-breaking video game projects for our A-list clients. We offer work-for-hire and co-development services to the video game sector, adding value to games and working with award winning global clients. As a successful and growing studio, we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals to our expanding programming team.
Our studio is based in Runcorn, Cheshire and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times including 2021 by gamesindustry.biz. We are offering the option of being studio based, hybrid or remote working with studio visits as and when required for the Senior Programmer role.
SENIOR PROGRAMMER – ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
IN A TYPICAL DAY THIS ROLE WOULD INVOLVE:
- Looking at code reviews submitted by other team members
- Rendering bugs with an OpenGL to DirectX port
- Working on a memory allocator for a console title
- Help junior coders working on other aspects of the title such as input, save games etc, and would be responsible for ensuring they had clear direction in the way they can tackle client projects
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a programming position
- Experience shipping games or apps from inception to completion
- Fluent in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- Experienced and confident working on low-level code in areas such as physics, rendering, memory management, networking etc.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages
- Experience working with in-house or commercial game engines.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do and flexible attitude
- A keen interest in video games and programming
- Ability and willingness to support junior programmers and other team members as required
JUST SOME OF THE MANY BENEFITS AND PERKS OFFERED BY d3t:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme & Eye Care Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos – an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Tech & Bike Schemes
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
APPLY NOW – SEND US YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER/PORTFOLIO TO [email protected].
Please note we are actively hiring and interviews will be held by video call. We have some of the d3t team working remotely from home and once it is appropriate to do so we will be returning to the studio. We are offering the Senior Programmer role as studio based or part/fully remote with visits to the studio as and when required.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
d3t is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.